Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

The New Year is here!  Can you believe that it's now 2010?  No more of the Aughts, as the first decade of this millennium is apparently now being called.  There are reasons to mourn (here), but there are also reasons to celebrate.  After all, in terms of American politics and society at the very least, the Aughts were a pretty bad decade.  I won't air my political views here, but suffice it to say that beginning with the biggest terrorist attack in U.S. history and ending with a major economic meltdown is a fairly bad track record for any decade, but consider further who was president for 8 of the 10 years...well, I believe you begin to see my picture.

I've made a couple of resolutions which I may or may not end up keeping, but one which I fully intend to keep is to write more frequently and more insightfully on this here blog.  I usually held back from posting until I had something at least mildly interesting in terms of a photograph to add to the post (though at least once I have stretched the definition of "mildly interesting photography" into fairly horrible contortions of which, looking back, I am a bit ashamed).  I'm going to try to write more without relying on a photo as a crutch.  I'll try to capture what a experience in my adventures in more ways than just the purely visual - a bit like a creative writing exercise, really, except with real subject material.  And less whiny.  Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment