Sunday, December 6, 2009

The View from My Window


In the tradition of Andrew Sullivan, who posts snapshots from his readers' windows under the title "The View from Your Window" (and his latest one makes me profoundly jealous), here's the view from my window, take at 3:40 this afternoon.

Nice, i'n'it?

This dreary weather is what I've been dealing with, off and on, for the past month.  Sometimes, like this morning, the sun comes out and lights up the entire apartment.  And heats it too, which I appreciate because the sun is considerably quieter than my radiators.  I spent the better part of Monday basking in all-natural sunlight while writing a paper, and believe me, it made writing the paper much easier.  Today I'm working on a different paper, and I've got different weather in which to do it.  Interestingly, this weather approximates quite succinctly how I feel about my current paper and the material about which I'm supposed to be writing (political economy - ugh).  Funny how that happens.

So, what's the view like from your window?

No comments:

Post a Comment