Saturday, September 12, 2009

Culinary Adventures: Conquering the Oven

It's not so much a culinary adventures as a culinary trial, but I just thought I'd share the happy fact that I've managed to make a batch of cookies in the gas oven - which is important because I've never baked with gas before in my life.  So here I am, trying to figure out how to get the gas oven to work without blowing myself sky-high, in an apartment that's already over 80 degrees....Well, long story short, it's not that hard.  Just press in the dial and turn it to the proper speed.  When you hear the sound of gas being injected stop, the oven is preheated.  Still, open flames and gas unnerve me, but I'm not going to let that keep me from using my oven for nine months.  So, one batch of snickerdoodles later, I'm happy to say that I know how to use the oven.  Point for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment